Personal Statement Help

Hi all! I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I did a quick search and couldn't find anything. Are there any services or current grad students that are open to reviewing a personal statement? I've just finished mine and am a little unsure if I included everything I should have.

Thank you!!

10 hours ago, lindsayg1993 said:

Hi all! I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I did a quick search and couldn't find anything. Are there any services or current grad students that are open to reviewing a personal statement? I've just finished mine and am a little unsure if I included everything I should have.

Thank you!!

If you do a member search for "mcamp" you could message him for help.  He has a blog that has a lot of useful advice, and he has offered to read SOPs and give critique.  His site and advice was very helpful for me!  I'm in the middle of finals, but if he doesn't chime in I'll find his blog link later on...

18 hours ago, Jolie717 said:

If you do a member search for "mcamp" you could message him for help.  He has a blog that has a lot of useful advice, and he has offered to read SOPs and give critique.  His site and advice was very helpful for me!  I'm in the middle of finals, but if he doesn't chime in I'll find his blog link later on...

Jolie717 - I'm so happy to hear that you find my blog helpful :) I really do put a lot of time in it - thanks :):) I'm so flattered for the recommendation

On to the original topic...I think there are some paid services that you can use (admissions consultants would be the thing to use). I've got one post on my blog that you might find useful (I'll message you the link - otherwise I can get ban for being spammy). Also, I would suggest finding professors, maybe your university's career center, if you know any practicing SLP's - any of those people would be great to have them review your statement. Obviously I would put more faith in the critique's from professors. You can even look around on your school's website and email some people in the graduate college (in general, not even in SHS specifically) and you might find someone willing to read your SOP. 

Edited by mcamp

• 4 months later...