Phd Programs in Canada?

boredandtwitchy

Hey All,

There's been some talk in the past about the pros and cons of attending graduate school in the UK, but not a lot aboot our friendly neighbors directly above us (sorry--I couldn't resist the obvious accent joke). I've been looking into McGill and UToronto, and was just wondering if anyone has any pearls they'd like to drop concerning either of those two programs, other programs in Canada, or the Canadian living/academic experience in general.

Much appreciated!

(I should perhaps add that I'm planning on studying Ancient Christianity with a focus, most likely, on 2nd-3rd century theology.)

Edited by boredandtwitchy

Hey All,

There's been some talk in the past about the pros and cons of attending graduate school in the UK, but not a lot aboot our friendly neighbors directly above us (sorry--I couldn't resist the obvious accent joke). I've been looking into McGill and UToronto, and was just wondering if anyone has any pearls they'd like to drop concerning either of those two programs, other programs in Canada, or the Canadian living/academic experience in general.

Much appreciated!

(I should perhaps add that I'm planning on studying Ancient Christianity with a focus, most likely, on 2nd-3rd century theology.)

McMaster has an excellent biblical studies sub-field. It has one of the 2 foremost experts on dead sea scrolls in the world.

McGill doesn't have the best funding, but they do love Americans.

Kloppenburg, at UofT, might interest you.

Look at UBC, too, though I'm not as familiar with their program

Edited by peppermint.beatnik