Still haven't made a decision yet......

lonelilylana

So I called the admissions offices for the programmes that I applied to. They ALL said that a) the commitee is still making a decision regarding my application

B) and confirmed that most of the decisions have already been mailed/made already

Does this equal doom or am I just paranoid?

So I called the admissions offices for the programmes that I applied to. They ALL said that a) the commitee is still making a decision regarding my application

B) and confirmed that most of the decisions have already been mailed/made already

Does this equal doom or am I just paranoid?

At least at some schools, the individual faculty for the specialty appears to make or have input on the decisions, and if your specialty hasn't completed yet while others have, that could be what is going on...

It doesn't equal doom. As I said in another post somewhere else some schools evaluate in cycles....so you could be in the third (or fourth, or fifth) cycle. And not every faculty member will be involved in reading folders, usually its only a select few.

Who you should contact depends on how the school is set up. At a school like Harvard where its very decentralized calling the Admissions Office is the way to go, not the individual faculty or department. At a large school with a "graduate" school clearinghouse it may be better to contact the department.