Master's Programs in Neuroscience

Anonymous Coward

Does anybody know of any master's programs in Neuroscience? Specifically, would any programs take an applied math major (my school focuses on econ for app. math) with some coursework in psychology but none in biology? I'm interested in computational stuff, but would love to get a grounding in the bio.

I have research experience, but only in psych labs. One year work experience with statistical analysis.

Have a 3.7 GPA, 800Q/800V/4.5AW

Edited by Anonymous Coward

I am going to apply for a master in Biology for fall 2011.There are many fully funded biology master degrees especially in the south and midwest states.

You can search for them and many of them are having a neuroscience/computional biology courses or at least they have many faculty members who are doing research im neuroscience/computional biology.

As for your lack of biology courses,why don't you take some stand alone courses in biosciences in addition to self study then take the Biology GRE test.

I am going to apply for a master in Biology for fall 2011.There are many fully funded biology master degrees especially in the south and midwest states.

You can search for them and many of them are having a neuroscience/computional biology courses or at least they have many faculty members who are doing research im neuroscience/computional biology.

As for your lack of biology courses,why don't you take some stand alone courses in biosciences in addition to self study then take the Biology GRE test.

Thanks so much! This would be very helpful. What search terms do you use to find these programs?

And I'm glad you say the Biology GRE matters. I am certain that I can do well on this with a little bit of studying.