TSU Graduate School

MLC

Are we receiving emails or actual letters? I was told we would be getting letters by next Wednesday. Do you know approx. how long until we would be removed from the wait list?

Edited by speechfan222

1 minute ago, wclinard said:

I was accepted yesterday around noon via email for the 2017 Spring distance cohort!

Glad to finally find this thread and meet some potential classmates. 

Congrats!! I was told that we would receive letters. Why am I getting the wrong information when everyone is getting emails?

Hey wclinard, what are your stats if you don't mind me asking? I'm curious to see how strict they are with applications.

1 minute ago, speechfan222 said:

Congrats!! I was told that we would receive letters. Why am I getting the wrong information when everyone is getting emails?

Hey wclinard, what are your stats if you don't mind me asking? I'm curious to see how strict they are with applications.

I had a 4.0 GPA, with GRE-Verbal score of 156 and a GRE-Quantitative score of 150. 

2 minutes ago, wclinard said:

I had a 4.0 GPA, with GRE-Verbal score of 156 and a GRE-Quantitative score of 150. 

Dang! Congrats. My GRE scores are pretty close to yours, but I only have a 3.0. Now I'm just sad. :o(

10 minutes ago, speechcloud said:

I was accepted via e-mail yesterday around 11 AM for Spring 2017....yay!

Please let me know if anyone starts a FB page, I would love to join!

Congrats. I haven't received anything. *tears

Yeah I just logged in now to check and it still says pending... Maybe we will still hear something soon?

I was told letters were going to be mailed, but it looks like everyone is getting emails instead. :o(

Edited by speechfan222

21 hours ago, future_slp said:

Have you logged into your account? Is you application still pending? I haven't been notified either. 

What are your stats if you dont mind me asking? Im curious to compare them to mine and to the others who were waitlisted or who got in. 

I spoke to Ms Woodruff and she said a few batches were mailed Monday and today but not all decisions have been made. Since yesterday was a holiday some they actually were mailed today. She also said that not everyone will receive an email (not sure why). So we just have to wait it out. Good luck!

24 minutes ago, future_slp said:

I spoke to Ms Woodruff and she said a few batches were mailed Monday and today but not all decisions have been made. Since yesterday was a holiday some they actually were mailed today. She also said that not everyone will receive an email (not sure why). So we just have to wait it out. Good luck!

They need to make all the decisions and then mail them out!! Strange that some people are receiving emails and some aren't. Those that have received emails were either accepted or placed on the waiting list. I hope a letter (and no email) doesn't mean that we weren't selected. I'm trying to stay positive! :/

1 minute ago, SLP2BE123 said:

I also heard that there are only a few spots for "out of staters". They prioritize Tennessee residents.

Whaaat? Sorry to say, but that is dumb. It's a distnace education program. Tennessee residents can apply, but they should not get priority just because they live there. I need an online program and don't live near Tennessee, so I figured I should apply. Plus, I like the program details.

Where did you hear this from?

Wow! That's good to know! But I agree with speechfan222 this is a distance education program and that makes no sense.  As for the  notification process, we just have to wait which is unfortunate.  As a university employee (Not TSU), our students received admission notifications by a certain date EVERY year regardless of the volume of applicants, holidays, etc.  This is definitely a customer service issue.