My profile...can I get into any worthwhile MS programs?

pvacek

Okay, so I'm fresh off the GRE and I'm gradsturbating (the process of sifting through options and imagining you actually making it to those programs) like crazy right now. I am hoping that if I could post my profiles, and what challenges i'm facing I could get a fair assessment of what options I should consider.

Undergrad: UC Davis (transfer student)

Majors: Statistics BS, Economics AB

GPA: 3.55 cumulative, 3.52 in statistics

Student: Domestic white male

GRE: 160 V/165 Q/?.? AWA

I have taken most of the required undergraduate statistics classes. I have finished my economics degree already. I am in the process of wrapping up my final year, where I will be completed a calculus-based probability course next quarter, and the rest of mathematical statistics. 

Strengths: Computing mainly. I am very fluent in R, I have plenty of experience manipulating and visualizing data, some that I can put on LinkedIn, some that's not as notable. I have solid grades in the applied classes. These include: Nonparametric (A), ANOVA (A-), Regression (A-), Time Series (A-), Computing (A-) and Multivariate (A-). I *think* my GRE score is not bad, but I'm not sure if it can make a difference in my application

Drawbacks: I am a transfer student, so my first two years in undergrad were completed at community college. I am unsure if this is a big deal or not, but if someone could let me know that would be great. I received a C in linear algebra as a 2nd year. I recently took Multivariate (but i don't think this means much even though it uses a lot of linear algebra) and I will be taking an upper division linear algebra course in the spring. I took a shortened, two-quarter, version of mathematical statistics and received B's in both. I am going to retake the full year version to make up for this. I also have not taken any abstract mathematics classes, but I have heard this is not as much as an issue for MS students compared to PhD.

What kinds of schools I'm looking for: I'm looking for traditional statistics MS schools. I am open to doing applied or computational statistics, but I am very skeptical of any degree that is in business analytics or data science. I am looking to avoid an online degree. In a perfect world, I would magically receive funding, but I do not have any expectations.

Schools I am considering applying to: CSU East Bay, San Diego State, Oregon State, Purdue (Reach), Iowa (Reach), Ohio State (Reach), KU Leuven (that $800 tuition hot damn)

Verdict: I am unsure if my application is strong enough, but there are ways to go before I can reach a conclusion. If there aren't any other graduate schools that will accept me, I will probably fall back on CSUEB and their lovely $7K a year tuition. I don't have my heart set on CSUEB yet, so that's why I'm reaching out.

Edited by pvacek