Missing letter of recommendations

sky_blue

One of my recommenders has yet to submit his letter and the deadline for my applications is 3 Jan.

Is it alright for the letter to be a couple of days late, provided that everything else is submitted on time? I have a feeling he is just too busy enjoying his holiday and would be able to submit his letter within the next week or so.

Thanks!

One of my recommenders has yet to submit his letter and the deadline for my applications is 3 Jan.

Is it alright for the letter to be a couple of days late, provided that everything else is submitted on time? I have a feeling he is just too busy enjoying his holiday and would be able to submit his letter within the next week or so.

Thanks!

From what people (Professors) have told me, it is fine if it is a few weeks late. So don't worry too much, unless you're in my shoes where my application was due on Dec 15 and he still hasn't submitted.

From what people (Professors) have told me, it is fine if it is a few weeks late. So don't worry too much, unless you're in my shoes where my application was due on Dec 15 and he still hasn't submitted.

Um...my application was due December 1st and one recommender hasn't submitted! Am I screwed then??? I just found out he is getting major surgery too and I hate to bother him about something that is trivial in comparison...Would it look bad to write to my school and say the letter is forthcoming, or get someone else to write it? Perhaps I am just freaking out over nothing. None of my other apps are due until 3-15 January...

Um...my application was due December 1st and one recommender hasn't submitted! Am I screwed then??? I just found out he is getting major surgery too and I hate to bother him about something that is trivial in comparison...Would it look bad to write to my school and say the letter is forthcoming, or get someone else to write it? Perhaps I am just freaking out over nothing. None of my other apps are due until 3-15 January...

You're not exactly screwed. Admissions doesn't review till after break. So they will be looking over applications maybe starting this or next week. Your LOR won't come into play till after that. I probably would write an email letting them know it will be coming.