an odd e-mail

cdehn305

so I previously contact georgetown to find out whether or not I had been accepted into their government ph.d. program in addition to the security studies program. they e-mailed me back pretty quickly with a no, however I get this mysterious e-mail a week later:

The Government department hasn't made a decision yet in your case. You

might try contacting them directly to see if they can offer any details.

Best,

Georgetown Graduate Admissions

...this e-mail is from the general graduate admissions and the previous e-mail I got was from someone specific...so I'm not holding my breath...but has anyone gotten an official rejection letter in the mail? I'm wondering if I was wait listed or something of that sort.

My experience is that graduate admissions will never tell you straight-out whether you've been rejected. I'm guessing that the second email was a kind of boilerplate response from them, and they were unaware that you'd already been contacted by someone who could actually answer your question. It's really annoying that they would mess with you like that. :(