UK - MA programs for 19th century European Art

Lllok

I've just graduated with a BA in History of Art and am taking a year off before enrolling in an MA programme, which means I should soon start applying for 2017 entry. My main area of interest is 19th century European painting - French (and American) and German - and, besides the Courtauld programme, I've so far found very few programmes in the UK which offer units/options on 19th century art, so I'm kind of lost as to what other MA programmes I should apply for in order to pursue my interest in 19th century painting :( 

does anyone have any advice? thanks in advance :) 

Edited by Luís C.

• 4 weeks later...

Doesn't UCL? As far as I remember they have 4-5 people working on 19th century American & European art, including painting. Tamar Garb comes to mind specifically.

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/art-history/prospective-students/hoa-ma/prospective-students/special-subjects/ 

Take a look at the options offered by Garb, Eaton, and by Fend & Taws. They're not explicitly related to painting, but they could be interesting.

Edited by poliscar

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2016 at 0:47 AM, poliscar said:

Doesn't UCL? As far as I remember they have 4-5 people working on 19th century American & European art, including painting. Tamar Garb comes to mind specifically.

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/art-history/prospective-students/hoa-ma/prospective-students/special-subjects/ 

Take a look at the options offered by Garb, Eaton, and by Fend & Taws. They're not explicitly related to painting, but they could be interesting.

thank you :)