CIPA?

boblong

Does anyone here attend CIPA? I was recently accepted there and received a 24k fellowship. I understand that Cornell's public policy program isn't ranked as high as SAIS, SIPA, and Gtown but is there really that much of a difference? Any thoughts and feedback on CIPA would greatly be appreciated.

I've been accepted to Cornell as well w/24k Fellowship, also American and waiting to hear from Syracuse...

Any comments on CIPA would be great! I noticed that Cornell isn't accredited by NASPAA, any thoughts if this affects future jobs and pursuit of PhD in public administration programs?

CIPA seems like a great program and a good fit for me, the funding is also a perk. Thanks for any comments!

I've been accepted to Cornell as well w/24k Fellowship, also American and waiting to hear from Syracuse...

Any comments on CIPA would be great! I noticed that Cornell isn't accredited by NASPAA, any thoughts if this affects future jobs and pursuit of PhD in public administration programs?

CIPA seems like a great program and a good fit for me, the funding is also a perk. Thanks for any comments!

Hello All!

I was also accepted to CIPA with a fellowship and have decided to attend. I applied to 5 schools (CIPA Cornell, GSPP Berkeley, GWU Trachtenberg, NYU Wagner, and SIPA Columbia) and plenty of funding. The factors that influenced my decision for CIPA were: I was able to visit and the students and faculty gave me a very warm reception. In grad school (in a professional program) the friends you make are just as important as the coursework you complete and CIPA seemed to be the best fit in terms of its atmosphere. Next, I am impressed by the accomplishments of the faculty (especially internationally, which is where I intend to concentrate) and this is true across the entire school. The faculty was even more attractive since they came across as very down to earth, people I can sit down with and talk big ideas over a beer (or a glass of wine). Finally, the town was small, surrounded by woodlands, lakes, and streams, and is educated and progressive- I like the outdoors and would miss trees in NYC (I have lived in DC and spent considerable time in NYC). I am bringing my family with me and Ithaca is a place I would raise my children (they also have good schools and open enrollment). And in terms of finances, Ithaca is cheap and with the funding I have secured I should be able to complete the program completely debt free (I should note that I would have about the same financial standing if I attended NYU but CIPA just seems all around more attractive, by a hair). My impression of CIPA is that the program is great but young. They are likely speeding their rise to prominence by buying their students from stingier schools (SIPA for one) and, in my estimation, will probably elbow their way up in the rankings. Rankings aside, their program is solid and is backed by the Cornell name. Cornell is the largest IVY league school and as such has a fantastic alumni base (CIPA Maintains a searchable database of alumni). The only potential downside is less opportunities to network vs New York or DC. I think this will be mitigated by faculty contacts and trips to the city (I have family in NYC). My second choice would probably be NYU, I liked the faculty I met their and it seemed to have good energy and collegiality.

There are my two cents, hope I helped out.

broadinterests

I received a welcome packet of sorts with my admission decision. Beyond that, no, I have not received additional materials. I have done a considerable amount of research on the website though, looking at courses and programs as well as housing and affordability. I'll post if I get any more materials.

broadinterests

I received a welcome packet of sorts with my admission decision. Beyond that, no, I have not received additional materials. I have done a considerable amount of research on the website though, looking at courses and programs as well as housing and affordability. I'll post if I get any more materials.

broadinterests

hmm I havent even received my hard copy admission letter. I just received an e-mail with my fellowship information.

Hey,

Do you folks have any idea about CIPA's policy on admission deferment. Since I am an international student, I need to figure out other ways in which I can fund the rest of the cost of CIPA, if do go there. I wonder whether they will defer the fellowships also.

I'd appreciate any help on this.

thanks

Hey,

Do you folks have any idea about CIPA's policy on admission deferment. Since I am an international student, I need to figure out other ways in which I can fund the rest of the cost of CIPA, if do go there. I wonder whether they will defer the fellowships also.

I'd appreciate any help on this.

thanks

It might be better to contact the admissions office@CIPA since only they have the final say. But if they are unwilling to defer your scholarship, you could reapply next year if it is possible. I do not think CIPA is rather selective since most of the ppls from my own country who applied CIPA have received admissions with some $$$.