Online Graduate Programs in Sociology

speechfan222

Hello everyone!

I took an Intro to Sociology course (Sociology 101) years ago when I completed my Associates Degree and really enjoyed the course. I received my Bachelors in Speech Pathology and have applied to a few Masters programs in Speech. Since I enjoyed Sociology so much, I want to apply to a few online sociology graduate programs. I know a sociology background isn't required, but I'm wondering....

Is it a bad idea to apply to sociology graduate programs without a background in the area? I also don't have any clinical experience in this area either.

I did a google search for online sociology programs. I found ASU, University of Alabama - Birmingham, and University of the Rockies. Does anyone know of any other online programs I can look into and submit an application?

I think if your concerned that you don't have a 'clinical background' in sociology, it's probably best not to take out a student loan to pay for an online masters.  I think you might want to look more deeply into what sociologists do, then perhaps reconsider your position.  At the moment, it sounds like what you want is an MSW or masters in social work.

• 10 months later...

Thanks for the recommendation, but I was looking for online Masters programs. And I'm not Christian, so I would not attend this university. And there's no way I'm paying $28,000 for the program. No way. Thanks though.