Dear everyone: Good luck

Sparky

I am posting this in the History forum b/c a lot of people from the other humanities boards seem to hang out here, too. All my love to, especially, the religion people in addition. Also, a warning of a 100% sap factor.

Dear everyone,

So all of us are insecure, most of us are going nuts on at least some level (or maybe all of them), some of us are openly terrified. I know a lot of us are applying to the same programs. That makes sense; I think GradCafe draws people at or near the top of the applicant pool, and let's face it, there are only fifteen top 15 programs. ;) That, of course, means we are competing with each other, especially those of us in the same subfield or people applying to programs that don't have a quota per field. I've only got a couple of overlaps with people here, but even that is scary.

But you know what? I truly, sincerely wish all of you, even my competitors, the absolute best of luck. Not only have you been extremely helpful with respect to application questions, but the amount of respect and emotional support that is *consistently* shown here absolutely blows me away. For that alone, even if it weren't the case that we are an amazingly intelligent group of people (b/c we are; this is observable fact, not arrogance), you have my sincerest best wishes. I'm sure it will be little comfort, but at least I will know that the people who were admitted truly deserve it.

I would consider it an honor to attend school with just about any one of you.