How to politely remind someone to write your LOR

TBL

So I asked someone to write me a LOR at the end of August and the deadline is Nov. 1. I told them no rush but I didn't figure it would take this long and I'm kind of nervous they forgot. How do i email them and remind the recommender about the letter without it sounding like I'm rushing them? Should I give them more time? I just don't want to wait too long and remind them causing them to feel rushed because they completely forgot.

Indeed, Nov 1is so far away right now. 

Is this the very first time this person is writing the LOR for you this year? i.e. is this the first deadline? If so, send a polite reminder 2 weeks prior to the deadline just in the very low chance that they forgot all about this request. 2 weeks is usually more than enough time to find the 45-60 minutes it will take for them to write your LOR. If this is not the first LOR from this person this year (i.e. they have already submitted LORs for other applications this year) then send a reminder 2 days before.