What are my chances with a 299 GRE score?

MC81

I’m a non native speaker. I have scored 299 on the GRE: 152 Verbal, 147 Quantifier and 5 in Analytical Writing. I am considering applying to Ph.D. programs in English. I’d like to apply to two second tier and two third tier Universities. My Master’s degree GPA is 3.60/4. What do you advise me to do?

• 3 weeks later...

As an international student also in the English dept - this is what I've seen happen last year with my friends:

Most aimed for 160 v and 4.5 - that would be enough to not have to take the test again.

One of my friends got accepted to 3 second tier schools and waitlisted to 2 top tier programs with less than that. Another friend also had less than that and got into Texas A&m

Your writing score is VERY high so I can understand if you are hesitant to risk it but if I were you, I'd take the test again aiming for at least 158. 

Also, you'll need to take TOEFL, and if you get a very good TOEFL score, you may be able to get away with a less than average GRE. 

That being said, a lot of schools do cut you some slack on GRE scores if you are an international student. You can use your SOP and writing sample and letters of recommendation to try and show that you will be able to fully function in an English speaking environment.