Geology 2010

siolanthe

• 3 weeks later...

Heard from Univ. of Texas, Univ. of Michigan (AOSS), Caltech, Gatech.

Congrats on all of your acceptances!

I don't have any decisions in hand yet. For UC Davis, two profs recommended me to the Committee (we'll see how that goes, with UC funding being what it is); for Stanford, I had a campus interview on Monday, but am waiting to hear the ruling.

No word from any of the rest, beyond emails from individual professors. Since I haven't heard from early-notifiers like UW and Texas, I'm assuming that I'm out--or maybe, waitlisted.

Edited by siolanthe

• 2 weeks later...

It seems us geologists as a whole don't know about thegradcafe.

I only applied to two schools, University of South Carolina and University of Colorado, Boulder. I've interviewed at SC already and I haven't heard anything from Boulder except an e-mail saying that they will be sending out acceptance/rejection e-mails soon. My chances of getting into Boulder are probably pretty low, but at least it seems like I'm getting into SC.

Stupid waiting game.

It seems us geologists as a whole don't know about thegradcafe.

I only applied to two schools, University of South Carolina and University of Colorado, Boulder. I've interviewed at SC already and I haven't heard anything from Boulder except an e-mail saying that they will be sending out acceptance/rejection e-mails soon. My chances of getting into Boulder are probably pretty low, but at least it seems like I'm getting into SC.

Stupid waiting game.

No kidding! For some of the programs I applied to, even at big, prominent Geo schools, I had to look back to 2006 to find any admissions results. Now compare that to Electrical Engineering....

I didn't apply to Boulder, either, so I've got no news for you there. Good luck with that--if that's where you'd prefer to go. One of my field camp professors (back in 2003) was from USC, and one of the students--probably the most memorably smart of the whole bunch--went to USC for grad school. What field are you interested in?

I think I've heard my acceptances by now--no word yet from UW and UT, which probably means that I'm pretty far down on their lists.

Sarah

• 1 year later...

No kidding! For some of the programs I applied to, even at big, prominent Geo schools, I had to look back to 2006 to find any admissions results. Now compare that to Electrical Engineering....

I didn't apply to Boulder, either, so I've got no news for you there. Good luck with that--if that's where you'd prefer to go. One of my field camp professors (back in 2003) was from USC, and one of the students--probably the most memorably smart of the whole bunch--went to USC for grad school. What field are you interested in?

I think I've heard my acceptances by now--no word yet from UW and UT, which probably means that I'm pretty far down on their lists.

Sarah

So I know this reply is a while after you last posted, but I'm curious if you got accepted to MIT/WHOI and also where you ended up going?

• 3 weeks later...