Accepted in MPA@LSE

kaixinwawa

I just got accepted to the 2 year MPA program in LSE. The second year may study in SIPA, but it depends on my application. However, the program doesn't provide any financial aid right now. Does anyone know about the MPA program in LSE? I'm not sure if it is a good choice to go.

Edited by kaixinwawa

Foreign Policy magazine puts out an annual "Inside the Ivory Tower" ranking of the world's best international relations programs. I know you've been accepted to the MPA program, but perhaps some common resources are shared at LSE. Take a look at the FP rankings here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inside_the_Ivory_Tower?wasRedirected=true

Forgive me, I'm on a mobile device, so the site may seem different.

Congratulations!

I just got accepted to the 2 year MPA program in LSE. The second year may study in SIPA, but it depends on my application. However, the program doesn't provide any financial aid right now. Does anyone know about the MPA program in LSE? I'm not sure if it is a good choice to go.

I got in as well, with some financial aid via GSS. What track are you? International development for me. I've heard good things about the MPA at LSE. Pretty much any school in the GPPN are pretty good choices, depending on what region of the world you hope to base in. I'm still waiting for a few more decisions before I decide though.

I got in as well, with some financial aid via GSS. What track are you? International development for me. I've heard good things about the MPA at LSE. Pretty much any school in the GPPN are pretty good choices, depending on what region of the world you hope to base in. I'm still waiting for a few more decisions before I decide though.

Hey, wendylee86, I'm in the Public and Economic Policy track. The expenses in London are deadly expensive, so I'm also waiting for some other decisions. What other programs are you looking for? It seems that we have the choice of studying in SIPA in the second year. Do we need to apply this year?

Hey, wendylee86, I'm in the Public and Economic Policy track. The expenses in London are deadly expensive, so I'm also waiting for some other decisions. What other programs are you looking for? It seems that we have the choice of studying in SIPA in the second year. Do we need to apply this year?

I got into University College London for MSc in Intl Public Policy and I'm still waiting on Sciences Po Paris, not the MPA but the regular masters in economics and public policy. I did apply to SIPA and also IR at Yale & SAIS. But I'm pretty sure for the dual degree transfer, you can apply sometime during your first year. What about you? where else are you waiting for?

That's probably one of the better MPA tracks available. But MPAs in LSE are actually pretty crap compared to programs in other departments, and compared to other MPA degrees elsewhere. It's one of those new programs that just toss a bunch of courses together, mostly from other departments to make an "MPA degree". Only about 7-10 LSE MPA students study in SIPA each year I read somewhere on the LSE website (or was it the SIPA website??), and I think you apply when you get there.

I would go only if you have no other good offers. I applied in November for the Public Policy and Management as well as the International Development tracks. Was rejected from the first and got a conditional offer for the second. It's definitely my last choice. I only applied because I'm studying in London already and considered continuing my part-time job.

Congrats to all those who have been accepted ! I'm still waiting to hear on my application for the MPA / ID program. Was just curious to know from those who have offers--how long did it take you before you received the results? I applied in early December and hope to hear soon. Thanks !

Congrats to all those who have been accepted! I'm still waiting to hear on my application for the MPA / ID program. Was just curious to know from those who have offers--how long did it take you before you received the results? I applied in early December and hope to hear soon. Thanks!

I applied in early December as well. It took about a month to get rejected for the MPA PP/M stream. I got a conditional offer for MPA ID about three weeks later. I'm surprised you haven't heard back. I know another friend who applied after me for a different program at LSE, and she got an offer two weeks ago... Anyway its probably down the pipe somewhere.

Congrats to all those who have been accepted ! I'm still waiting to hear on my application for the MPA / ID program. Was just curious to know from those who have offers--how long did it take you before you received the results? I applied in early December and hope to hear soon. Thanks !

Hi! I applied middle of November and received the offer first week of January. good luck!