For rolling submission, does the LOR have to get in early too?

balloons

Hi! I am applying for 2017 PhD program (possibly neuroscience or stem cell biology). I just found out that some schools are accepting in a rolling base, and I am wondering if rec letters have to be in early as well. Or would it be okay if I submit all my essays/CV/transcript etc early but LOR by Dec 1? Would it still be counted as rolling? I guess not?! 

As a general rule, Admission committees don't review an application until all components are submitted including letters of recommendations. (If you need to apply by a certain date to get a fee waiver, programs will generally allow recommendation letters to be submitted later and still waive your fee).

Yes, generally, the application will only be reviewed once all the components are submitted so if you want your application considered early, your LORs should be in early too. Although it's Nov 2 today, so the difference between Nov 2 and Dec 1 isn't that much!