Hey everyone,

I'm applying straight out of undergrad for a masters in IR/IA. I'm applying to several programs, but my goal is to wind up in DC and my top three choices are JHU's SAIS, GW's Elliott School, and AU's SIS. My field of focus would be European/Eurasian studies, and while SAIS has the biggest name it's econ focus scares me a bit which is why I think GW and AU might be better fits (specifically AU because I could do a concentration in identity, ideology, and nationalism, which is what I'm writing a thesis on). I'm going to post some of my stats and if any of you could give your two cents as to my chances of getting accepted I'd really appreciate it!

School: Gordon College (no name liberal arts school north of Boston, but surprisingly well known and connected in DC)

Majors: International Affairs and Political Science

GRE: V: 166 Q: 151 AWA: 5.5

GPA: 3.89

Languages: French (intermediate level)

Internships: four internships in political science or community development, plus a job leading a tutoring program

Abroad experience: taught English in Hong Kong and Cambodia summer after freshman year, studied abroad in Croatia fall of junior year (included an internship)

Extracurriculars: Model UN head delegate, president of MUN club, president of Democrats Club, campaign volunteer for Seth Moulton, mock trial, commencement committee

Awards/Honors: Newman Civic Fellows Award, Alpha Mu Gamma Honors Language Society, MUN Outstanding Delegate, Presidential Honors List every semester of college (step above dean's list, means 3.75+ GPA)

Also writing an honors thesis on the intersection of Croatian nationalism and EU membership, which I"ll be presenting at at least one conference in the Spring

Thanks for any and all input!