Worried about my chances of getting admitted to English literature PhD Program

Although there's really nothing I can change or do right now about my scores... I am starting to get really nervous. 

I was wondering if I could get some opinions here on my scores! Would it be too low to get admitted...?

(I'm an international applicant.)

TOEFL: 112

GRE: 160/156/3.0

GPA: BA 4.33/4.5 (Summa Cum Laude) and  MA 4.37/4.5

+ nice CV with lots of teaching experience + honors/scholarships + publication of translations

I'm not sure how competitive the programs you're applying to are, but I think a 160V for the GRE is good! Especially if you have other good areas on your app (writing sample, publications, honors, letters of rec), lower scores can be overlooked anyway because they're not always the most accurate representation of your abilities. I can't speak for your TOEFL, though, since I'm not an international student. 

That is the general impression I've gotten along this application process, though I am applying for a microbiology PhD, so the requirements/stress on scores may be different.

Edited by kinseyd

I'm sure you've heard that the admissions process is holistic and depends on your GRE in the last instance. I mean, it's not exceptional, but it won't keep you out of most programs, assuming your written materials are good. This kind of isn't sufficient or the right information to give you an idea f your chances, sorry.

1 hour ago, kinseyd said:

I'm not sure how competitive the programs you're applying to are, but I think a 160V for the GRE is good! Especially if you have other good areas on your app (writing sample, publications, honors, letters of rec), lower scores can be overlooked anyway because they're not always the most accurate representation of your abilities. I can't speak for your TOEFL, though, since I'm not an international student. 

That is the general impression I've gotten along this application process, though I am applying for a microbiology PhD, so the requirements/stress on scores may be different.

Thanks for your advice! Best wishes for your application as well!

1 hour ago, ExponentialDecay said:

I'm sure you've heard that the admissions process is holistic and depends on your GRE in the last instance. I mean, it's not exceptional, but it won't keep you out of most programs, assuming your written materials are good. This kind of isn't sufficient or the right information to give you an idea f your chances, sorry.

Yes, you're right. That's what I've heard about the admission process. Still, I can't help worrying when I see people who get in with better scores..  

Thank you for our comment!

Your AW is low, and I'm not sure how much attention they give that particular score. However, you have exceptional GPAs and you have a few publications, which could "compensate" for the AW... but nobody knows how it all comes down in the end, so... 

congrats on your TOEFL!

Edited by Yanaka

56 minutes ago, Yanaka said:

Your AW is low, and I'm not sure how much attention they give that particular score. However, you have exceptional GPAs and you have a few publications, which could "compensate" for the AW... but nobody knows how it all comes down in the end, so... 

congrats on your TOEFL!

Thanks for your comment. Hope things turn out well in the end for everyone..!