Concern about transcripts submission

fouriertransform10

Question

So I just submitted my grad application...  For my unofficial transcripts, I accessed my grades online, downloaded them as a PDF, and submitted them to the application.  On top of the transcripts, it specifically states "This is an unofficial transcript".  Now that I am reviewing the app, however, I found that it says "submit a scanned copy of your transcripts".  Does anyone know if what I did is acceptable? Are there any steps I can take if it's not?

Thanks.

Edited by fouriertransform10

3 answers to this question

Most schools let you modify submitted documents after submission if it is before the deadline, some after. If they don't you can message the department about what you would need to do. Schools also provide official pdf transcripts too that you can provide rather than scanning in paper ones (if you need to quickly get official transcripts and can't wait for your school to process the request). 

Some applications I submitted said 'official scanned' but the department page said unofficial were fine, I would just have to submit official transcripts if I was admitted. So check out each department's requirements. Worst case just email the department and ask what the best process is.

Edited by <ian>

I would go back and check each school to see what they specify and call the graduate admissions office of any school where I didn't follow directions or was unsure. My understanding for my applications is that copies of an official version were OK, then--if admitted--I will need have a copy of the same sent directly from the school to the school via script-safe/snail mail etc. I hope it works out OK!