Social Psychology RESULTS

radquish7

Dr. Arriaga. But she said official calls for interview weekend invitations will be made Monday or Tuesday by the grad coordinator (she likely only called me directly because I've met with her in person). Nine people will be invited for interviews for the weekend of Feb 11-13. Good luck to you; hope you hear something next week!

Thanks Jordy!

@jordy. Congrats on the Purdue interview!

Thanks!

@Anita: I can't reply to your PM because I'm accessing this on my Blackberry and it doesn't support the message interface, but I wanted to say sorry about the email mixup and it should be @YAHOO not gmail (I have a gmail too and I'm used to writing that). :)

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I'm fairly new to the Grad Cafe but thought I'd drop in and share my disappointing results so far.

University of Virginia - Rejected

University of California, Riverside - Rejected

Boston College - Rejected

University of Arizona - Rejected

University of Illinois, Chicago - Pending

University of Nevada, Reno - Pending

I'm in NC so the two pending will be quite a journey for my family and I (I'm running headlong in to 30 this year :D) but it'd be nice to get some good news!

Hi all, I'm fairly new to the Grad Cafe but thought I'd drop in and share my disappointing results so far.

University of Virginia - Rejected

I noticed that many people saw their rejection on the UVA website. Where exactly did you guys find it?

Here's a picture of what I see when I log in (identifying info blocked out):

3GPNA.png

I noticed that many people saw their rejection on the UVA website. Where exactly did you guys find it?

Here's a picture of what I see when I log in (identifying info blocked out):

3GPNA.png

Right at the bottom of the screen under "Other: Not Applicable" it says:

Decision Status: Available beginning 3/5/2010

Your application decision is now available online (with a link)

Prior to hearing back from them via e-mail that my status had been updated, this text did not show up at all and my web page looked just like yours :)

Right at the bottom of the screen under "Other: Not Applicable" it says:

Decision Status: Available beginning 3/5/2010

Your application decision is now available online (with a link)

Prior to hearing back from them via e-mail that my status had been updated, this text did not show up at all and my web page looked just like yours :)

Gasp - there's still hope! Perhaps I'm on a short/waitlist without knowing it..

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks for the finger-crossing! It turns out my suspicions were correct - UVA is currently thinning down a shortlist of 12 down to 3 (acceptances going out in the next 1-2 weeks). And I'm one of them!

Hi there Psych majors! :)

Yesterday I saw that someone posted in the results they were accepted to The New School...I was just trying to find them on the boards via major...hoping they might be a forum poster as well. A few of us are waiting from various programs at The New School and we're curious about their website and if it changes when an application has been accepted/rejected.

If you know someone that was accepted/rejected, would you be so kind as to ask them to PM me or post in the "Waiting for NSSR" topic (under Waiting I Out)?

Thank you so much!! Good luck to all of you!

Thanks for the finger-crossing! It turns out my suspicions were correct - UVA is currently thinning down a shortlist of 12 down to 3 (acceptances going out in the next 1-2 weeks). And I'm one of them!

Where did you hear that there are 12 people waitlisted? Did a faculty member inform you? If you don't mind me asking, I am curious as to who your POI is.

That's GREAT news! I am so happy for you and I am still keeping these fingers crossed that you get to be one of the final 3 :)

• 3 years later...

First off, congrats on the Harvard interview! Did you get flown out or was it over the phone?

Based on the results page, I'm fairly sure Yale accepts and then has their visit weekend afterward. That's the only one I know of, though I'm sure there are more.

Yale is having their visit weekend now and the professors will make final decisions afterwards (I know one of the lab managers)

Hi,

I've been rejected from U of Michigan, which threw me off a bit, but after looking at the results page and seeing how many rejections they've sent I'm feeling a bit better. I've had an interview in Harvard and have one set for U of Orgeon. I'm really anxious about the other 7(!) schools I've applied to - especially Cornell, U of Colorado at Boulder and Princeton. anyone heard from them ?

two questions :

1. Does any school accept applicants without interviewing first ?

2. Walking away from an interview - how do you know to judge your performance ?

Hey, this might be random but do you mind PMing me your PI at Harvard? Or sharing how many interviews you've had? I got a call from a professor, was told I'm on a short list of 3 for whatever spot it is I would get, then had another call with grad students form the lab...but might be waiting for yet another call with grad students? I'm just curious if this process is the same for everyone or how long it might be before we find out. Thanks!

also, have you heard anything about in-person visits? 

Hey, this might be random but do you mind PMing me your PI at Harvard? Or sharing how many interviews you've had? I got a call from a professor, was told I'm on a short list of 3 for whatever spot it is I would get, then had another call with grad students form the lab...but might be waiting for yet another call with grad students? I'm just curious if this process is the same for everyone or how long it might be before we find out. Thanks!

also, have you heard anything about in-person visits?

FYI, you're responding to a post from 4 years ago. They might not still check the site.

FYI, you're responding to a post from 4 years ago. They might not still check the site.

hahaha, prize for you! clearly was not paying attention to detail. im honestly still trying to figure out how to use this site...

Thanks!

nada. haven't heard back from anyone either. but then again, my application deadlines were january 1st and january 15th (today).

the only school i applied to that i know has gotten back to people already is rutgers. so i'm pretty positive i'm going to get a rejection letter from them sometime. they're only accepting one student for the entire psychology ph.d. program there this year. ONE.

Hi psydd - for Rutgers - are you referring to New Brunswick psychology - and across all programs (behavioral and systems neuro, cognitive, clinical and social)??

Hi psydd - for Rutgers - are you referring to New Brunswick psychology - and across all programs (behavioral and systems neuro, cognitive, clinical and social)??

Just realized this post was from 2010. . .:)