Separate registration number for each test date?

Triangular

Hi all,

I have a general question about the GRE that I hope isn't asked or obvious, but as I have been unable to find the answer I thought maybe some of the fine folks around here might know. 

I have two separate test dates for my GRE, and my verbal is significantly higher on the first test date. Although I have had the scores from both test days sent to each school to which I'm applying, most of those schools also ask to you to enter GRE scores on the online application as well. I would like to list the first set, since I feel they are more favorable for the types of programs I'm applying to, but they require you to enter the registration number and no matter where I look I have only been able to find one registration number (which I assume is for the most recent test, not the one I want to report). 

TL;DR Does anyone know if each test you take has its own registration number or if one registration number covers all of the scores associated with your name? If the former, is this something I'd need to contact ETS directly to receive or can I find it somewhere in my account that I have not looked?

You should call the ETS if you want to make absolutely certain. I had this problem, too, and they were able to give me my registration numbers.

FWIW, both my registration numbers were the respective last 7 digits of my appointment numbers listed on the ETS website. I didn't clarify with the person on the phone if this is always true, but it seems plausible enough to me.

For anyone checking out this thread in the future, apparently ETS got a new system in August, and during the changeover much previous data like past registration numbers were wiped. This sounds strange to me, but that is what they told me just a few moments ago.