UC Irvine - PhD in Education Fall 2017

PaU^_^PaU

I applied for PhD in Education at Rutgers, but I share the anxiety. I go check the website 3, 4 times a day, I freak out about what my recommenders may have written about me, if my GRE scores are good enough, if this was not too arrogant of me applying to PhD just after graduating from college, without a masters. Well, it is hard!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2016 at 0:33 PM, Hernandez22 said:

I applied for PhD in Education at Rutgers, but I share the anxiety. I go check the website 3, 4 times a day, I freak out about what my recommenders may have written about me, if my GRE scores are good enough, if this was not too arrogant of me applying to PhD just after graduating from college, without a masters. Well, it is hard!!

I didn't apply to this program but I did apply to other PhD in ed programs. I also worry what my letter writers said--2 of them gave me copies, which was a very kind thing to do, 2 did not. It's quite nerve-wracking. 

On 22/12/2016 at 2:53 PM, PaU^_^PaU said:

Hernandez22, I totally know what you're talking about. How many institutions are you applying?

Rutgers (P.hD), Harvard (Masters), Leeds (masters) and Edinburgh (masters)

On 1/2/2017 at 7:09 PM, Hernandez22 said:

Rutgers (P.hD), Harvard (Masters), Leeds (masters) and Edinburgh (masters)

If you get into Edinburgh I could not recommend it enough. I did my Masters in history there. It was the best time of my life. The school is amazing. I obviously don't know about your program, but Edinburgh across all fields provides a fantastic education. If you get in and have any questions feel free to message me.

18 hours ago, SarahBethSortino said:

If you get into Edinburgh I could not recommend it enough. I did my Masters in history there. It was the best time of my life. The school is amazing. I obviously don't know about your program, but Edinburgh across all fields provides a fantastic education. If you get in and have any questions feel free to message me.

They did not answer me yet, but thank you for your recommendation. I am very excited about it as well

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2017 at 2:41 PM, ugggggh said:

I got rejected by UCI last year, so all I know is that they let me know by the end of February. :/ Good luck!!!  I hope you get in!

@ugggggh, I'm sorry to hear about that. I understand they do interview. Did you get an interview before receiving a rejection?