Problem with SOP

Nujhat

Hello, I am new here. I applied to Purdue University's (West Lafayette Campus) Graduate Admission Program (Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering) for Fall 2017. But I did a severe mistake in my application. In the University's website, it was written that the SOP should be of 300-500 words. I did not notice this and submitted an SOP with 986 words. I emailed the Graduate Admissions  Representative of the ECE Department, asking what I should do now, was there any way to re-upload the SOP with 500 words and she replied the following - 

"Nujhat,

Your file is already in the bin where Admissions committee will pull files to review after our winter break, just leave your SOP how it is.

It will be fine and we hope to be able to start releasing results from review by mid February.

Thanks"

Can anyone tell will this affect my application? Should I be worried?

4 minutes ago, TakeruK said:

They said it will be fine so I think you should be okay. It also sounds like they don't want you to replace the SOP, so there's no need to worry about it any more since you can't make any more changes. Good luck :)

Thank you for your reply. But I am very worried about this :( This was such a stupid mistake :(