Problem with supervisor :(

Anka

I am a masters student in one of the best university in Vancouver, Canada.

I am having really difficult time with my supervisor since the beginning of my program. He takes ages to respond to emails. Sometimes he forget to respond to email. He never involve me in any project. I never publish anything with him. During last two years, two of his students change supervisor and starting working with another faculty. I talk to those students and they both said that supervisor did not provided any opportunities during master.

In the beginning, I was too shy to change my supervisor. Now, I am literally at the end of my degree. I can't change my supervisor. I am very frustrated.

My life is a mess. Any suggestions ?

Edited by Anka

I'm sorry your degree didn't turn out as you hoped. As you said it is most likely too late to change supervisors. But I don't think its too late to gain experience, maybe volunteer with another professor? Maybe a different lab? I'm not sure what field you are in. Maybe try to get something in the works for a small journal? What do you hope to do after grad  school. PhD? Working in industry or elsewhere outside of academia?

Even if its unpaid experience or you don't get published you have something to focus on. In working environments outside of academia, in my experience I've noticed they don't look too closely at the find print. So maybe you don't publish anything, so instead focus on your coursework, soft skills, stuff like that. I'm not sure if this help but know you are not your situation and that it is not permanent. Good luck!