heading for you SOP?

I'm wondering how people deal with a header on their SOP's. Right now, mine are just documents of text. Do you normally put your name at the top? A title? An APA formatted heading? Might be a silly question, but any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

A friend who used to work in an undergraduate admissions office told me having a header is super important and helpful for the people who will likely be printing out copies of everything for the admissions committee to review. But I'm talking a header as in a header/footer, not like an underlined title in the body of the essay.

For mine, I put my first and last name, the title of the document (Statement of Purpose, Letter of Intent, Program Essay #1/Program Essay #2, etc. - the latter being for schools that had more than one) and the page number.

That being said, some schools have specific formatting requirements so I would double check for that before doing anything. One of my schools specifically requested I include my name at the top of each page.

I did not include my name or any header or anything, so I'm starting to worry. It seems like common sense, so I'm feeling kind of stupid, but at the same time, it's not like they say it needs to be included. 

@kenz Sorry if I added to your worries, this process is stressful enough as it is! If your schools did not specifically require it in the application instructions I'm sure it's not a big deal. There was a thread floating around recently of all the crazy typos and other mistakes people had made on their applications and the majority of them were offered acceptances anyway. So I think no header when it wasn't required will be okay :)

I also put my name in the header and the title of the document. None of the schools I applied to specified directions about headings. I think that should suffice. Admissions committees are so busy and have so many apps to go through, I'm sure they appreciate simple!