Korbel 17

kgallison

• 1 month later...

Columbia SIPA also extended their deadline, but results should be out according to the schedule. I think, from a few articles I read, it's been pretty normal for universities to extend application deadlines for the past few years to increase number of applicants.

Congratulations! I applied through a scholarship program, so I won't likely receive news from the university directly. I am hoping that the scholarship guys are negotiating for additional funding from Josef Korbel, hehe. 

On 3/8/2017 at 6:14 AM, Merantau said:

Congratulations! I applied through a scholarship program, so I won't likely receive news from the university directly. I am hoping that the scholarship guys are negotiating for additional funding from Josef Korbel, hehe. 

I applied through a scholarship program as well, so I won't be receiving an email from the university too.

However, I did access my application status page on the school's website and I didn't find anything regarding acceptance/rejection.

1 hour ago, KhalifehA said:

I applied through a scholarship program as well, so I won't be receiving an email from the university too.

However, I did access my application status page on the school's website and I didn't find anything regarding acceptance/rejection.

Hey, could we be in the same scholarship program? Where else did you apply to? Have you received admission news from other universities? 

I wasn't provided with any access to my application page, so I really have no clue as to where I'm standing on Korbel. Did you ask for the login info or did the scholarship program give it to you? 

9 hours ago, Merantau said:

Hey, could we be in the same scholarship program? Where else did you apply to? Have you received admission news from other universities? 

I wasn't provided with any access to my application page, so I really have no clue as to where I'm standing on Korbel. Did you ask for the login info or did the scholarship program give it to you? 

I'm applying through the Fulbright program. Other schools that I've applied to are:

* Yale Jackson - accepted

* JHU SAIS - accepted (with prerequisites)

* Pitt GSPIA - accepted

* DU Korbel - ???

They gave us access to our applications to fill the necessary data, they were supposed to change the log in details. Apparently they didn't.

Where else did you apply to?

On 3/11/2017 at 1:09 PM, KhalifehA said:

I'm applying through the Fulbright program. Other schools that I've applied to are:

* Yale Jackson - accepted

* JHU SAIS - accepted (with prerequisites)

* Pitt GSPIA - accepted

* DU Korbel - ???

They gave us access to our applications to fill the necessary data, they were supposed to change the log in details. Apparently they didn't.

Where else did you apply to?

Well hello there fellow Fulbright candidate! Congratulations for your acceptances! So which one are you going to take? If I were you, I'd take Yale Jackson :D

I applied to: 

- Columbia SIPA: direct application (not through Fulbright), admitted (with conditions)

- Tufts Fletcher: direct application, admitted (with conditions)

- NYU Wagner: direct application, admitted

- SUNY at Albany: admitted

- Arizona State University (ASU): admitted

- DU Josef Korbel: no news yet

- the New School Milano: no news yet

4 hours ago, Merantau said:

Hi @KhalifehA, I was just informed that I got into Korbel, but with shortfall even after the program gives me financial aid... Have you received any news?

Did the the University or Fulbright inform you of the acceptance?

I checked the application status page, there's nothing there yet and I'm starting to think that they only send out emails (no notifications on the status page) which means Fulbright has my result. So I still don't know where I stand.

4 hours ago, Merantau said:

Well hello there fellow Fulbright candidate! Congratulations for your acceptances! So which one are you going to take? If I were you, I'd take Yale Jackson :D

I applied to: 

- Columbia SIPA: direct application (not through Fulbright), admitted (with conditions)

- Tufts Fletcher: direct application, admitted (with conditions)

- NYU Wagner: direct application, admitted

- SUNY at Albany: admitted

- Arizona State University (ASU): admitted

- DU Josef Korbel: no news yet

- the New School Milano: no news yet

Congratulations on your acceptances! And on the Fulbright nomination as well, from which country are you applying?

I wanted to apply to Columbia originally, but a friend of mine who got the scholarship two years ago got accepted to Columbia but Fulbright wouldn't enroll him there due to the high tuition and living costs, so I went with Yale instead.

So you're right. Yale Jackson is my top choice, however the final decision is not up to me. A placements committee is expected to convene at the end of the month to finalize placement decisions. They do take personal preference into consideration, but the program's total cost (tuition+living expenses) remains the primary factor behind their decision to which school to send me.

So if any of my three other schools turns out costing significantly less than Yale, my chances of getting a greenlight to Yale are gonna start to look very slim.

5 hours ago, KhalifehA said:

Congratulations on your acceptances! And on the Fulbright nomination as well, from which country are you applying?

I wanted to apply to Columbia originally, but a friend of mine who got the scholarship two years ago got accepted to Columbia but Fulbright wouldn't enroll him there due to the high tuition and living costs, so I went with Yale instead.

So you're right. Yale Jackson is my top choice, however the final decision is not up to me. A placements committee is expected to convene at the end of the month to finalize placement decisions. They do take personal preference into consideration, but the program's total cost (tuition+living expenses) remains the primary factor behind their decision to which school to send me.

So if any of my three other schools turns out costing significantly less than Yale, my chances of getting a greenlight to Yale are gonna start to look very slim.

Thank you! I'll PM you for more details!

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2017 at 5:39 AM, KhalifehA said:

hehe, glad to hear I was right about your chances at Yale Jackson ;)

I would be *incredibly* annoyed if Fulbright decided I couldn't go to Jackson despite getting an offer. You might be able to get the school to give you a full tuition if Fulbright lets you down.  

On 4/14/2017 at 3:59 AM, went_away said:

hehe, glad to hear I was right about your chances at Yale Jackson ;)

I would be *incredibly* annoyed if Fulbright decided I couldn't go to Jackson despite getting an offer. You might be able to get the school to give you a full tuition if Fulbright lets you down.  

They confirmed my enrollment there last week! It was the best news ever :D