Religious Ethics?

livgreen

Who else is an Ethics applicant? Where did you apply?

I applied to Harvard, Yale, Emory, Duke, Northwestern, University of Chicago, Stanford, Boston College, and GTU. I haven't heard anything from Emory so I assume rejection there, and Duke had my application listed as incomplete until today, so I assume my chances are limited there as well.

Hi Livgreen,

I am an ethics applicant. We overlapped at Emory, Yale, and BC. My other applications were to Notre Dame, Princeton, and UVA. One UK application, to Edinburgh.

I too have heard nothing from Emory so I assume that's out. But I continue eagerly to wait for some kind of word from Notre Dame!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Livgreen,

I am an ethics applicant. We overlapped at Emory, Yale, and BC. My other applications were to Notre Dame, Princeton, and UVA. One UK application, to Edinburgh.

I too have heard nothing from Emory so I assume that's out. But I continue eagerly to wait for some kind of word from Notre Dame!

Hi Phd aspirant!

So, I know I am out at Emory, and possibly Yale, since I saw a couple Yale interviews appear in the results page, but I am still curious about the other schools. Have you heard from UVA or Notre Dame?

I know we overlap with BC, have you heard anything? The wait is killing me! :)

It seems like there are so few ethics applicants on grad cafe this year!

Hello - ethics applicant here.

I haven't heard from Emory, ND, or BC. Nothing from Duke (ThD) either. I heard ND was making offers last week, so I'm pretty sure I didn't get in there.

I interviewed at Baylor last weekend and was the only student there out of 20 who had applied to ethics.

Another ethics applicant here,

I have yet to hear anything from my schools-

SMU

BC

UNC-Chapel Hill

Rice

Marquette

Syracuse

Claremont

Current MA student at Marquette I want to focus on interreligious relations between Christians and Muslims especially concerning the peaceful resolution of war and conflict.

What are everyone else's interests?

On 2/8/2010 at 2:30 PM, 4238bowdenj said:

Another ethics applicant here,

I have yet to hear anything from my schools-

SMU

BC

UNC-Chapel Hill

Rice

Marquette

Syracuse

Claremont

Current MA student at Marquette I want to focus on interreligious relations between Christians and Muslims especially concerning the peaceful resolution of war and conflict.

What are everyone else's interests?

Hey there,

I'm interested in virtue ethics, economic and political theory, technology, and language.

Have applied to Marquette as well - do you know when we might hear something from them?

didn't get into vandy after interview and assuming duke, too (no official notification but based on results search). still waiting on drew, union, temple.

So do you think Duke is pretty official at this point, or could they be holding off on some decisions?

I'm thinking it's unlikely, but I'd love just a small bit of hope.

I spoke with admissions at Boston College yesterday, decisions have been made and we should be notified soon. As far as Marquette goes, the admissions committee is meeting today and some offers should follow- I'm not sure if they place offers in several rounds or what the exact procedure is. "Waiting is the hardest part!"- Tom Petty

So do you think Duke is pretty official at this point, or could they be holding off on some decisions?

I'm thinking it's unlikely, but I'd love just a small bit of hope.

i'm not totally sure...can't remember exactly i should just ask her but i recall last year that a friend got in off of a later waitlist...i'm not sure how many rounds they do for it, but we'll see...there's always a little bit of hope as long as there's no official rejection. i guess for my heart's sake i always try to move on...