Withdrew from Undergraduate Courses

meggied

Question

Does anyone know how withdrawing from classes is viewed by admissions committees? I have withdrawn from two courses (one early in college because schedule was too heavy, and second was last semester because course was not required for major and was pre-med week out class) throughout college. 

Edited by fuzzylogician
typo

5 answers to this question

I don't think most people will think twice about it when it's not a required class. Also, if it makes you feel better, I'd say that since the first case was early in college so it won't matter as much, especially if you still had a full courseload after dropping it. So I don't think you have to address it at all in your application and it should not affect you.

2 W's isn't really a big deal, especially when they were early in your undergrad career. I got into an MA program with 3 W's on my record (1 my first semester because a prof wasn't willing to let me miss one class/make it up because of another class's conflict, 2 my sophomore year first semester because I had a medical thing happen).

Thanks for a little reassurance y'all. I finished applying and didn't even really think about the withdraws because it was so long ago and then couldn't find any other posts about it and got worried.