Could someone give these places a rank? I need help

Hey pals, I have applied for 2010 Fall biostatistics Ph.D. Before they make their decision, do you know how my applied schools will be ranked? So I can have a better choice later.

(I rank it by my opinion)

UNC,

WashU, UBoston,

Upitts,

UTHSC-H, Vanderbilt,UMDNJ

Uiowa, Indiana University at Indianapolis,

Tulane,

UArizona

Many of them belong to SPH, however I feel insufficient to reference SPH rank from US.News. Could some expert give any advice?

Thanks.

On 1/23/2010 at 12:10 AM, Thomas Yang said:

Hey pals, I have applied for 2010 Fall biostatistics Ph.D. Before they make their decision, do you know how my applied schools will be ranked? So I can have a better choice later.

(I rank it by my opinion)

UNC,

WashU, UBoston,

Upitts,

UTHSC-H, Vanderbilt,UMDNJ

Uiowa, Indiana University at Indianapolis,

Tulane,

UArizona

Many of them belong to SPH, however I feel insufficient to reference SPH rank from US.News. Could some expert give any advice?

Thanks.

agreed.

the intersection with my applications is {UNC, Boston, WashU, Upitts, Vanderbilt}. Let me know if you have information from any of them. Thanks.

On 1/23/2010 at 7:31 PM, Koizumi said:

agreed.

the intersection with my applications is {UNC, Boston, WashU, Upitts, Vanderbilt}. Let me know if you have information from any of them. Thanks.

Hi,Cartman! You know I am also a crazy fan of South Park!

I haven't received any notes from these, except I receive an AD from UTHSC-H. How about you? Maybe we have chance to be in one classroom in future, who knows? :P

Hi,Cartman! You know I am also a crazy fan of South Park!

I haven't received any notes from these, except I receive an AD from UTHSC-H. How about you? Maybe we have chance to be in one classroom in future, who knows? :P

congrats! I got an interview but not from that pool.

UNC is my top choice in biostat. hope we both go to UNC!

• 5 weeks later...

UNC is pretty much the highest ranked school you listed for biostats. The thing with Boston U is that I know a professor that got a phd in Economics from Boston U (he did time series), and he said that Boston U's biostat program isnt that strong. He states that Boston's math/stat department isnt very strong, hence why he states what he says. Besides that, I have heard good things about Pitt and WashU in terms of biostat.

Oh, and South Park rules.