Uni wants me to reply to their offer within two weeks but I'd like to wait until I hear back from all schools! HELP!

BellaAung

Hello,

After a great chat over the phone with my potential advisor at Simon Fraser University, I received an offer of acceptance from the school immediately! However, the school wants me to decide whether I accept or reject their offer by Feb 21, 2017. This is one of my top schools but I still am waiting to hear back from Oxford and LSE, and I am pretty sure I won't hear back until early March. How do I request SFU to give me more time to decide on the offer? Any help will be appreciated! Thank you so much!

Bella

You should find out if Simon Fraser is part of the Council of Graduate Schools. If they are, then they should adhere to the agreement that all grad students have until April 15 to make a final decision. It also wouldn't hurt to tell them that you are still considering offers and while you are certainly interested in the program, you want to make sure you're making the best decision.