Jump to content

Uni wants me to reply to their offer within two weeks but I'd like to wait until I hear back from all schools! HELP!


Recommended Posts


After a great chat over the phone with my potential advisor at Simon Fraser University, I received an offer of acceptance from the school immediately! However, the school wants me to decide whether I accept or reject their offer by Feb 21, 2017. This is one of my top schools but I still am waiting to hear back from Oxford and LSE, and I am pretty sure I won't hear back until early March. How do I request SFU to give me more time to decide on the offer? Any help will be appreciated! Thank you so much!


Link to comment
Share on other sites

You should find out if Simon Fraser is part of the Council of Graduate Schools. If they are, then they should adhere to the agreement that all grad students have until April 15 to make a final decision. It also wouldn't hurt to tell them that you are still considering offers and while you are certainly interested in the program, you want to make sure you're making the best decision. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use