Penn GSE Rolling Admissions for Fall 2018

libbyt

Hello! While I'm sure most of all of you are waiting on admissions letters for Fall of 2017, I've recently applied for Fall of 2018 to the Teaching, Learning, and Teacher Education Ph.D. program. Do you think applying this early will help my chances? Also, with rolling admissions, do you think I'll hear back in the 4-8 weeks or later? I've been nervously sitting here for the last two weeks wondering and waiting.Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, libbyt said:

Hello! While I'm sure most of all of you are waiting on admissions letters for Fall of 2017, I've recently applied for Fall of 2018 to the Teaching, Learning, and Teacher Education Ph.D. program. Do you think applying this early will help my chances? Also, with rolling admissions, do you think I'll hear back in the 4-8 weeks or later? I've been nervously sitting here for the last two weeks wondering and waiting.Thanks in advance!

If you have applied for fall of 2018 then I don't believe that your application will be reviewed until at least the current round of PhD applications is over (which is still isn't as the interview weekends haven't happened yet). I also could be wrong, but I am fairly sure that UPenn won't make any offers more than a year and a half early, for PhD programmes. To be honest, I am pretty surprised the application for 2018 is even open. I think, however, that you are best off calling the admissions office and speaking to them.

Originally, I wanted to apply for FALL 2017 (like my other apps), but that wasn't available when I went to apply to Penn.  Anyway, I went ahead and contacted them. I'm waiting to hear back. Thanks for your help!

5 hours ago, libbyt said:

Originally, I wanted to apply for FALL 2017 (like my other apps), but that wasn't available when I went to apply to Penn.  Anyway, I went ahead and contacted them. I'm waiting to hear back. Thanks for your help!

Best of luck - I hope you get onto the programme and that they do let you know as early as possible. Applying so early makes you super organised and that can only be a good thing!

18 hours ago, istanbulnotconstantinople said:

Best of luck - I hope you get onto the programme and that they do let you know as early as possible. Applying so early makes you super organised and that can only be a good thing!

Thank you! I'll let you know what they say when I hear back from them!

• 1 year later...