Who got decisions?

thnok

I applied for CUNY, NYU, Maryland(College Park), University of Illinois and University of Colorado Boulder for the PhD F16 programs in linguistics, I didn't hear anything (even a mail about an interview), did anyone hear from any of the colleges? (does this mean a silent rejection for me?)

I applied at UIC (university of Illinois at Chicago) and Illinois State. I haven't heard anything from either school. However, I did read on UIC website, that most decisions happen around March. I'm sure it's different for ever school so hang in there--it's not over until it's over. 

5 hours ago, Chrisalyne said:

I applied at UIC (university of Illinois at Chicago) and Illinois State. I haven't heard anything from either school. However, I did read on UIC website, that most decisions happen around March. I'm sure it's different for ever school so hang in there--it's not over until it's over. 

Hi :) I didn't get any interview request even, so hopefully there is some good news on the way.

I'm not trying to be a downer, but I know that NYU already sent out their acceptances (in past years they haven't had a waitlist) and that UMD has already invited people to their open house and done interviews with the people they were considering for acceptance. I would say that if, for these programs at least, if you haven't heard from them it's a likely rejection. You won't know for sure without contacting them, though, so don't take my word as an absolute. Just trying to add more info.

10 hours ago, Al.Vie said:

I'm not trying to be a downer, but I know that NYU already sent out their acceptances (in past years they haven't had a waitlist) and that UMD has already invited people to their open house and done interviews with the people they were considering for acceptance. I would say that if, for these programs at least, if you haven't heard from them it's a likely rejection. You won't know for sure without contacting them, though, so don't take my word as an absolute. Just trying to add more info.

well I think you have to ultimately consider the department which you applied to. Each department does things at their own pace. You apply, admission sends your packet to the department. Each department has their own way of going through the applications. After they make their selection, they will notify admissions. But will first contact you to let you know. Don't lose hope. At both my places, other departments have gotten admission letters except the departments I applied for. 

Update on UIC--I just got an email tonight for an informal interview in March!

Update on ISU--I got an email today saying that the committee will be meeting up on Monday to pick their candidates and I should get my decision next week.

Good luck! and just be patient, you will hear from the schools that you applied to. Give it a little time, each department at a school moves at their own pace. No matter what you will hear something back from them. Please keep us updated! 

Edited by Chrisalyne

15 hours ago, Al.Vie said:

oh my, I will call NYU and UMD and see about the situation then. So most probably rejected I guess :( thank you.

Edited by Cyril

1 hour ago, Chrisalyne said:

Update on UIC--I just got an email tonight for an informal interview in March!

Update on ISU--I got an email today saying that the committee will be meeting up on Monday to pick their candidates and I should get my decision next week.

Good luck! and just be patient, you will hear from the schools that you applied to. Give it a little time, each department at a school moves at their own pace. No matter what you will hear something back from them. Please keep us updated! 

Oh lucky youuuu!! Congratulations! :D University of Michigan Anne Habour rejected via the website. 

Not so lucky. I think it's more stressful. I got the interview but--I heard from the grapevine that they haven't even narrowed the search at all. Instead, they are inviting everyone that applied to come hang out for the interview. :-/ 

1 hour ago, Chrisalyne said:

Not so lucky. I think it's more stressful. I got the interview but--I heard from the grapevine that they haven't even narrowed the search at all. Instead, they are inviting everyone that applied to come hang out for the interview. :-/ 

Oh. That's bit scary but don't worry you'll get through somehow :) do you think I should drop a mail to the departments and ask if they've made a decision? 

Hi! I see you're also waiting for Boulder.. From the results-page it seems that in previous years they did an Open House/interviews in the beginning of March. In that case I would really think that they start inviting people soon; they can't really expect people to travel with only one week notice? I hope we'll hear something soon! :blink:

19 hours ago, Jaccard said:

Hi! I see you're also waiting for Boulder.. From the results-page it seems that in previous years they did an Open House/interviews in the beginning of March. In that case I would really think that they start inviting people soon; they can't really expect people to travel with only one week notice? I hope we'll hear something soon! :blink:

one week notice is too early. I applied for Boulder towards the first of December, and was the first I applied. sigh, praying for some good news.