UNC "Partial Recieved" Status

yellowshoes

Hey everyone!

I've been looking at this board for months but haven't had anything useful to add to the discussion. Howeer, I do have a situation that some of you may be in.

On the appliction status page under transcripts it says "partial recieved" for the school I am currently attending (it says "full recieved" for those I took classes from in high school). I was told UNC needs transcripts through the fall of 2009, so they should have those by now as my University sent them 2 days after grades were posted. I e-mailed the department about this but haven't recieved a response. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it always going to say "partial recieved" until the actual FINAL/DEGREE transcript is sent? I just hope my file hasn't been thrown out because I didn't "complete" it. Thanks for any help!

Good luck to everyone in this brutal process!

Doh! Where did you read they needed transcripts through Fall 2009? I don't think I sent my final grades for last semester.

At first I had no idea either, but then I was reading the graduate website and it said "Applicants may submit transcripts before mid-year grades are posted, although final transcripts must then follow." So, I e-mailed the graduate school and they said that fall grades must follow spring (09) grades. I then e-mailed the department to double check and to speak my concern about the fact that fall grades aren't posted until mid-December and the app deadline is Jan. 1. The department informed me that it would be okay if the latest transcripts were a bit late.

However, my status still says "partial." I just called the graduate school and they informed me that it will always say "partial" until I'm completely done with school and submit degree grades, and that the department can process my file without all of my grades (not sure if that meant without fall grades or without total grades). I still wonder if they have my transcripts though...

If it makes you feel any better, I contacted all of the other schools I'm applying to after I realized this and none of them wanted grades at mid=year. So that's good, I guess.

At first I had no idea either, but then I was reading the graduate website and it said "Applicants may submit transcripts before mid-year grades are posted, although final transcripts must then follow." So, I e-mailed the graduate school and they said that fall grades must follow spring (09) grades. I then e-mailed the department to double check and to speak my concern about the fact that fall grades aren't posted until mid-December and the app deadline is Jan. 1. The department informed me that it would be okay if the latest transcripts were a bit late.

However, my status still says "partial." I just called the graduate school and they informed me that it will always say "partial" until I'm completely done with school and submit degree grades, and that the department can process my file without all of my grades (not sure if that meant without fall grades or without total grades). I still wonder if they have my transcripts though...

If it makes you feel any better, I contacted all of the other schools I'm applying to after I realized this and none of them wanted grades at mid=year. So that's good, I guess.

Partial received= they have your uncompleted transcripts. So they have the transcript from your current school thus far, if you are accepted they'll request final transcripts.

Partial received= they have your uncompleted transcripts. So they have the transcript from your current school thus far, if you are accepted they'll request final transcripts.

Yeah, initially I took "final grades and/or degree" to possibly mean "final grades as of fall 09." It's always read "partial receieved" even when I sent my grades only through last Spring. I'm just hoping they got my fall ones too since there's no real way to tell by looking at that, apparently. I'm just paranoid I suppose!

Hey everyone!

I've been looking at this board for months but haven't had anything useful to add to the discussion. Howeer, I do have a situation that some of you may be in.

On the appliction status page under transcripts it says "partial recieved" for the school I am currently attending (it says "full recieved" for those I took classes from in high school). I was told UNC needs transcripts through the fall of 2009, so they should have those by now as my University sent them 2 days after grades were posted. I e-mailed the department about this but haven't recieved a response. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it always going to say "partial recieved" until the actual FINAL/DEGREE transcript is sent? I just hope my file hasn't been thrown out because I didn't "complete" it. Thanks for any help!

Good luck to everyone in this brutal process!

I had a somewhat similar situation with the UNC application system, some of my items were marked incomplete. I emailed the dept., and they confirmed all my materials had been received, but because the system was "old", they weren't able to update some of the fields. They are probably getting swamped with emails this time of year. I'd try sending it one more time just in case the first one was lost in cyber space, then call if you don't have a response in a couple of days.

The partial received is strictly to let you know that your transcripts have been received but that your complete undergraduate transcripts have not been received (i.e. you haven't graduated from your undergraduate institution yet). It will remain like that until your final transcripts are received in May/June (once you graduate) if you are accepted of course. B/c if you were denied, there would be no reason to send complete transcripts.