Madison E-mail, Jan. 27

Absolutely - after getting one from Brown I try to assume that anytime I see a school's name in my imbox, it's one of these status update emails. But it's hard not to be jumpy on January 27! It was a nice email, though. I wonder if they've had a lot of people calling about status and felt compelled to send this to quell it. The "great number of applications" part is a little disheartening. I hope the "very near future" is indeed the VERY near future!

I know! I'm driving myself and everyone I know crazy. I was at work when I received the e-mail and immediately thought, "Oh, no! I can't get rejected at work! I have to be composed and articulate until 9:00 P.M." *sigh* Maybe I should send all of my schools a letter saying that they should only e-mail me bad news at X times; that way I'm in a position to grieve.

I don't know if we should be too worried about the "great number of applications" comment. After all, I'm sure they receive a "great number" every year, since they're a top program. I think the phrase "record number of applications" would have seemed more condemning. Here's to hoping it's the former!

I don't know if we should be too worried about the "great number of applications" comment. After all, I'm sure they receive a "great number" every year, since they're a top program. I think the phrase "record number of applications" would have seemed more condemning. Here's to hoping it's the former!

Yeah, I might be reading into it too much. With tales of Penn's 680 apps and that article about Brown's record numbers, I read it as "greater than usual for us." But you're right, it doesn't actually say that.