nyu chances... embrace the nausea or relax a little?

kristen

Okay, so I've been feeling ridiculously nauseated ever since I finally submitted my application to NYU's MA Counseling for Mental Health and Wellness program on the 19th of Jan. Here's my credentials... be honest. I want to know if I should just get used to feeling sick all day till I find out, or maybe I actually have a shot....

Dual-Enrolled in college classes in high school...therefore completing my BA in Psychology a year early..

GPA 3.6

Extremely strong and well-written LOR's (one from the director of Clinical Psych from my undergrad university...she knows me well :)

Strong SOP

Experience

Interned with Mental Health Association- 1 yr

Research Assistant/Senior Peer Recruiter for Anxiety Disorders Clinic- 1 yr

Guardian Advocate for 4 different hospitals- 1 1/2 yr

Volunteer for Marriage and Family Research Institute- 1 semester

off-topic

involved in my sorority's philanthropic organizations; Reading is Fundamental Foundation, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation as well as local charities.. etc.

Received 4-yr academic scholarship waiving tuition

Deans list

There's other misc. things, but I feel this gives you an idea. This program doesn't require the GRE henceforth the lack thereof mentioning it :)

alright, be honest. let's hear what you think!

Fit is the most important part of your application.

If you have .5 below the average GPA but are a stellar fit, you have a better chance than .5 over and no fit.

I would say I am a pretty stellar 'fit'... Notable research interests/experiences couple quite nicely with several faculty within the program... is this what you were referencing 'fit' to ?

I would say I am a pretty stellar 'fit'... Notable research interests/experiences couple quite nicely with several faculty within the program... is this what you were referencing 'fit' to ?

Yea, it is. That's the biggest plus you can have. Granted, it won't make up for a 2.2 GPA, but it will definitely work in your favor.