Most Competitive Subfield

Since we're all eagerly anticipating or dreading the results of the coming weeks, I thought I would pose a question to distract us from our coming misery. What subfield is the hardest to get in? My impression that from most competitive to least is:

Theory- Fewer spots than other subfields at most programs, some programs have almost none, and from what I've read the pedigree of the school is more important, meaning more competition for those top few spots.

Comparative- Lots of spots but not a lot of spots for a given region/country. Expected to have a strong background in foreign language(s).

IR-

American- Plenty of applicants but lots of spots at every program. Perhaps a higher bar in Quant GRE/math background.

Does this line up with what everyone else thinks?

I think theory also has the same problem as comparative. There may be lots of spots, but it also depends on whether you want to study history of political thought, methods, continental, etc. Some schools have lots of spots in one area, but almost none in another other.