Meta-Analysis (Schmidt and Hunter Approach)

Saman

Hi Folks,

Hope everyone is doing great !!

I am currently enrolled in a IO psych grad program here in the states. And, as a part of my master's degree, I am writing a thesis (i.e., conducting a meta-analysis) on the relation between job involvement and in-role performance on studies conducted in collectivist cultures. I am following Schmidt and Hunter's (2015) approach in order to conduct this meta-analytic review. Although I understand the most part and pretty comfortable with the analysis, I hit a snag in moderator analysis.

Currently, I have 5 moderators to analyze in which 4 of them are categorical and 1 is continuous. Although I am aware of the sub-group comparisons to assess the moderating effect, I just want to avoid any multicollinearity problem among the moderators. If some of the moderators are correlated, and I use separate sub-group comparisons for each moderator, it might lead to misleading results. I believe meta-regression technique is one of the possible solutions to avoid such problems of multicollinearity, but I am not sure how to run this in the Hunter & Schmidt software. I have already checked out their tutorials, they do not seem to be of much help. In addition, the text (i.e., Schmidt and Hunter, 2015) is also pretty overwhelming given the sophisticated and technical writing which has made the situation even worse.

Therefore, I was wondering if any of you guys had any prior experience with this methodology or the software and willing to share some insight. Let me know your thoughts. Any kind of help or response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks 1f642.png