Stony Brook Atmospheric Science PhD Decision

xisan92

Hi,

Anyone received any decision from Stony Brook University's Department of Marine and Atmospheric Science PhD program? I submitted my application on January 14th; haven't heard back from them yet. Haven't seen that much post on result search; not sure whether anyone received their admission decision for that Marine Science Department yet.

I have applied to 5 PhD programs in Atmospheric Science... Haven't heard from any. Had a few *informal* interviews at AMS. Have an official interview coming up. Some of the big schools sent out offers earlier on. Haven't heard anything from Stony Brook.

Well, I sent an email to Stony Brook Marine Science Department last week and they told me that they are going to begin sending admission decisions to the applicants. It's been 8-9 days after that. Still waiting for the decision.  Hopefully we'll hear positive decisions soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you guys heard back yet? I'm waiting on the Marine Science side of things, and I haven't heard a peep, except that first offers were sent out, and they hope to have everything squared away by the end of the month. 

@xisan92 @Vort

Edited by I_mix

@I_mix, I've not heard anything back yet. I contacted the grad coordinator last month and they told me they're about to make the first round of offers that time in Mid February. But still haven't heard any admission decision yet. Also, there's no decisions in the 'Result Search' section of this portal for Marine and Atmospheric Science. Have you asked them anything about the expected decision date?  

@I_mix,Thanks for the reply. Hopefully the admission portal will show us some good news. Also, do you know if they already sent out the admission decision to the first group of the accepted students or they will send all the decisions by the end of this month? I'm asking this because I've not seen anything in the Result Search tab of this website.

@xisan92 As SB has indicated to you in their previous email and as I mentioned in my previous response, they already sent out their first round of offers. I don't know what the results of that were. We should also expect ALL decisions to have been made by the end of the month. Did I not make that clear in my previous post? I feel like I did.