Georgetown SFS MASIA 2017

MatteoChar

Hey guys. Any current applicant for the Asian Studies program under the Georgetown SFS around? Didn't see a thread particularly on the program, so I decided to set one up. The result is coming out in the early part of March, according to the MASIA website. Very excited!

• 2 weeks later...

@SSasia I was provided with a decent amount of fellowship, which may contribute to my potential enrollment. I heard the MASIA program is quite generous, and guess it truly is. My other applications won't come with such an appealing package for sure, but I'll let them unfold. The game of decision making is still young lol

@MatteoChar Are you saying that your informal email of acceptance letter mentioned specifically that you received an Asian Studies Fellowship?! Congratulations!! My email only talks about a summer internship/language study funding of $3,000 and the FLAS. I asked a MASIA alum and was told that the official acceptance package can contain more details about fundings so I'll just wait and see, but I am still a bit worried. There is no way that I can pay a full 60k tuition per year to attend school. I am also still waiting to hear back from SAIS, SIPA, and Fletcher, so I'll see how things go. Nevertheless, so excited to have been accepted into one school at least!!!

Edited by YunaCamel

@YunaCamel Mine mentions the $3k summer funding as well but no reference to the FLAS tho, and the Fellowship thing, yes that's how it says in the email. I thought that would be a common funding for the accepted at first. BTW another SAIS hoper right here XD Good luck on this coming Friday. My assumption of the possible SAIS scholarship package, only if I got accepted, is that it won't be as generous... But we'll see!

@MatteoChar May I know how much fellowship you will be receiving if it says in the email? Also, what major did you apply for SAIS? Mine's Korea Studies Program... can't wait till Friday >.<

Edited by YunaCamel

I received my MASIA acceptance yesterday as well. I was offered the SFS Dean’s Leadership Fellowship, which is incredibly generous. Congrats, everyone!  

Edited by baibai

@MatteoChar GOT INTO SAIS DC CAMPUS Korea Studies Program WITH A 24K FUNDING!!!!!!!! Also in at Columbia SIPA, and Tufts Fletcher too!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh super excited and still can't believe the results omgggggggg

Edited by YunaCamel