PhD applicants for Fall

Hello everyone!

Anyone else applying for PhD admission for this fall?  I've applied to Ohio State, University of Cincinnati, Indiana University, and Boston University.  I've been accepted to Ohio State and am going for a campus visit next week.  Haven't heard from the others yet.  I haven't seen much on the results page for PhD applicants this cycle.  On a side note I teach adjunct at East Tennessee State University and know they're still working through the applicants for fall admissions.

• 2 weeks later...

I've applied to MS/PhD programs. Some programs are evaluating me as a masters applicant and some are evaluating me as a phd applicant, others as a combination of both. I noticed that the programs who are evaluating me as a masters applicant are responding back a lot faster than the Ph.D cycle. I'm assuming because PhD applicants requires more time being matched with their mentor and getting their approval on the decision as well. 

What's your research interest?

I've heard back from 3/4, but still waiting on funding information from one of those!  Speech science and voice (transgender).  What about you?  I bet a lot has to do with coordinating funding offers.  They have to wait on the graduate school and then see how many TA/RA positions there are, and who might have indep. grant funding.

My research interest is in bilingualism and neurological disorders. My current studies has been in speech science, though! I'm sure it is about funding and who's welling to take you on. Good luck! Hope to see your name in research :)