May it be a acceptable justification for admission deferral?

CSong

Hi, I am an international student who just got offered to one of US graduate program fro Fall 2017.

However, i has been getting a psychological therapy to treat the psychological disorder. I think it would not be finished till the beginning of the new program before I am a completely okay from the disorder. So i would like to defer the admission. May it be a proper justification? the website of my prospective university says that the acceptable reasons for deferral includes medical or family emergency and natural disaster which seems like much worse cases than mine.....

Edited by CSong

Your situation sounds like a medical condition (though not an emergency). I think you just put it that way and ask if you could get a deferral for that reason ("I am receiving treatment for a medical condition, and this treatment is expected to continue into the fall of 2017. For this reason, would it be possible to defer my admissions to your department to Fall 2018?"). Only the department will be able to give you a definitive answer, no one here will be able to do that for you. 

43 minutes ago, fuzzylogician said:

Your situation sounds like a medical condition (though not an emergency). I think you just put it that way and ask if you could get a deferral for that reason ("I am receiving treatment for a medical condition, and this treatment is expected to continue into the fall of 2017. For this reason, would it be possible to defer my admissions to your department to Fall 2018?"). Only the department will be able to give you a definitive answer, no one here will be able to do that for you. 

I may use your quote to write to the department. Thanks :)