Been told I will have full assistantship, but the grad department wont announce until after April 15th?

meep95

I just found out I got a full assistantship which I am very excited about! I received an email from the program director of my major.  I am planning on accepting. However, the graduate school web page (not my program's page) says they do not actually announce award recipients  until after April 15. is there any chance that they could revoke this award? I am just nervous of accepting to this school and then suddenly after april 15 finding out that I don't have the funding necessary, especially since it is out of state. does this ever happen?

Edited by meep95

This is such a vague question, I'm not sure what you want us to tell you. Suppose an internet stranger told you to go for it, would that be all you need? Go for it. What have you got to lose? If they revoke the funding, you can rescind your acceptance. I would assume that's unlikely to happen, but how can anyone here give you any guarantees? 

The department usually funds the students not the gschool, so if the department said "yeah you are funded" then you are probably funded. But as fuzzy said, we don't work for that school so we have no clue. It is probably a question better asked of the program.

Edited by .letmeinplz//

2 hours ago, fuzzylogician said:

This is such a vague question, I'm not sure what you want us to tell you. Suppose an internet stranger told you to go for it, would that be all you need? Go for it. What have you got to lose? If they revoke the funding, you can rescind your acceptance. I would assume that's unlikely to happen, but how can anyone here give you any guarantees? 

I'm not asking for guarantee's, I am asking if anyone has had this happen in their experience. Of course internet strangers can't guarantee anything, I'm just trying to gauge the likelihood of this happening.

24 minutes ago, meep95 said:

I'm not asking for guarantee's, I am asking if anyone has had this happen in their experience. Of course internet strangers can't guarantee anything, I'm just trying to gauge the likelihood of this happening.

It's unlikely. But again, having someone tell you a story about (what is likely) a different program/university/degree won't tell you anything too useful.