Springfield, MO

K8eCastle

I've been accepted to Missouri State! I visited the school in July and loved it, but I didn't get to spend much time in Springfield. Does anyone know anything about the area?

First of all, congrats!

Second, I went to a small school in Springfield for undergrad (Drury University), graduated in 2010. I still have several friends in the area, and have visited a few times since. I lived on campus during my time there, so I can't say too much about what the rental market is like. However, I really enjoyed the city. It is a rural Midwestern town, but has a lot of eclectic and fun things to do, (and most are very affordable!) and feels much bigger than it is. Having several colleges in the city limits and a decent public school system seems to be attracting younger folks to town, and the food/music/culture scene is better for it. 

If you have more specific questions about living there, or general things about Missouri State, feel free to PM me!

Edited by RevTheory1126