U of I Acceptance

Whoever posted the U of Illinois acceptance, what concentration/subfield are you planning on studying? What profs do you think you want to work with?

Just wanted to second this question! I freaked when I saw that acceptance and immediately went to check my mailbox... Alas, no news yet.

Just wanted to second this question! I freaked when I saw that acceptance and immediately went to check my mailbox... Alas, no news yet.

I am an undergrad at U of I and the English Department is amazing. Anyone who gets accepted should be very proud (and excited). Congrats to whoever just got notified of their acceptance!

I think UIUC tends to notify sporadically, rather than sending out letters all at the same time. I was accepted into the program a few years ago. A friend also received positive news a few days later, and I recall seeing gradcafe notices posted up to a week after her acceptance. I don't know if that pattern will still hold this year (Northwestern seemed to have changed their ways), but if it does, there's a good chance that UIUC isn't done making offers yet.

Good luck.

I think UIUC tends to notify sporadically, rather than sending out letters all at the same time. I was accepted into the program a few years ago. A friend also received positive news a few days later, and I recall seeing gradcafe notices posted up to a week after her acceptance. I don't know if that pattern will still hold this year (Northwestern seemed to have changed their ways), but if it does, there's a good chance that UIUC isn't done making offers yet.

Music to my ears. UIUC is the first of my schools to show up on the results page, but the empty mailbox dampened the excitement.

Music to my ears. UIUC is the first of my schools to show up on the results page, but the empty mailbox dampened the excitement.

Complete aside: I LOVE your username. I crack up every time I see it.

(and good luck with UIUC. I hope that it'll reward your patience).

Complete aside: I LOVE your username. I crack up every time I see it.

(and good luck with UIUC. I hope that it'll reward your patience).

Why thank you :) I'm really based more in Victorian literature, but I saw a commercial for "Raisin Brahms" about giving kids enough servings of the arts everyday, and I thought I could use some theory cereal in the morning. Start the day off right, you know?

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone want to claim the U of I acceptance? Is there any information about how many they are taking this season? I am just interested because I am finishing my undergrad there and the program is AMAZING! Almost every period has strong (and extremely nice) faculty.