MGH Admitted Students Day

Is anyone attending the admitted students day on March 25th? I'm debating because tickets from Austin are so expensive and I waited too long so prices went up. Is it like a bad look to not attend? I'm really curious about the program and want to go, just don't know if I can afford a ticket just to go for a day.

I visited the program last summer for a tour, I was not accepted but would have loved to go there. There's a cozy student lounge, very modern classrooms with great technology, the two buildings that comprise MGH IHP are close to each other, the staff was all friendly, and the students that I met were very nice. The simulation labs are the most modern and high-tech that I've seen at any program. I would have really loved to have gone here. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you don't attend the accepted student day and end up attending here.

FWIW, I took one of my SLP pre-reqs at MGH IHP online last semester and had a great experience. The online platform they use for online course delivery was very reliable and 10x better than the Blackboard platform I was familiar with. The professor was great, I loved the class.

If you end up not being able to travel there for their accepted student day, Dr. Nicholas can put you in touch with current students via email to give you some insight into their program. She gave me a tour last summer when I visited, and connected me with a current student to get a better feel for the program after I left. 

11 hours ago, SLP1719 said:

If you end up not being able to travel there for their accepted student day, Dr. Nicholas can put you in touch with current students via email to give you some insight into their program. She gave me a tour last summer when I visited, and connected me with a current student to get a better feel for the program after I left. 

That's probably what I'll have to do, but it's good to know they're willing to put you in touch with someone! I'm super bummed because I want to physically be there but I guess it happens 

I can't make it either (I'm in Albuquerque, NM) but I wish I could. All my money right now is being saved for the move to Boston.

Dr. Lof said he knew students from across the country can't usually make it, so I don't think it will look bad if you can't.

3 minutes ago, evesims07 said:

I can't make it either (I'm in Albuquerque, NM) but I wish I could. All my money right now is being saved for the move to Boston.

Dr. Lof said he knew students from across the country can't usually make it, so I don't think it will look bad if you can't.

It's good that they understand! I just emailed him today to let him know. I'm currently trying to save, too, so I was going back and forth about what I could do with the money spent just for the weekend lol

2 hours ago, CameronR said:

It's good that they understand! I just emailed him today to let him know. I'm currently trying to save, too, so I was going back and forth about what I could do with the money spent just for the weekend lol

Hey I'm from the south as well but I booked my flight right after the acceptance because MGH gave me a good scholarship - so I really could be going here. I don't think it looks bad at all - you're already accepted so it doesn't matter lol. I can post things I learn in here after the reception! I'm excited to learn more about it and get a feel for their campus/ the charlestown neighborhood

9 minutes ago, futureslp123 said:

Hey I'm from the south as well but I booked my flight right after the acceptance because MGH gave me a good scholarship - so I really could be going here. I don't think it looks bad at all - you're already accepted so it doesn't matter lol. I can post things I learn in here after the reception! I'm excited to learn more about it and get a feel for their campus/ the charlestown neighborhood

Yay that would be great! I know, I should have booked immediately but I invited my mom who contemplated for like an entire week and then when prices went up neither of us could afford it. It was my fault for not giving her a deadline and I really just wanted her to go to Wahlburgers with me