ACCEPTED...now what lol

MikeC99

So... I got accepted to my #2 and #3 schools...My # 3 school as given me till April 1st to decide. I still haven't heard back from my #1 school. My #2 school emailed me today but didnt provide when she would like a response. lol. I'm not trying to blow off my #2 school but I want to see what #1 school says. What should i do!!!! Email her and let her know Im still considering other schools???!!!

Drink and make some (harmless) mistakes?

But seriously congrats and its a common occurrence for something like this to happen. You could always email school #1 saying that you have an offer but wanted to re-state your interest and just wondering how far along the process is. When you have an answer (or even before) you could email #2 and sincerely thank them but say that you want to make sure you weigh all your options as both programs are fantastic but will get back to them as soon as possible.

Also, unless you're waiting on more information to decide between #2 and #3 I would suggest you release one of your offers to others on the waitlst.

3 hours ago, juhidee119 said:

Congrats! Agreed with 8bitjourney. Email or call #1 for an update and explain the situation. 

Im gonna get wild tonight!! Thanks so much for the input I emailed #2 and #3 and let them know I am weighing all options. Thanks

20 hours ago, MikeC99 said:

So... I got accepted to my #2 and #3 schools...My # 3 school as given me till April 1st to decide. I still haven't heard back from my #1 school. My #2 school emailed me today but didnt provide when she would like a response. lol. I'm not trying to blow off my #2 school but I want to see what #1 school says. What should i do!!!! Email her and let her know Im still considering other schools???!!!

I was under the impression that April 15th is the decision date and programs are not allowed to push you for a decision until that date. I'd be a little miffed if a program said I had to decide 2 weeks before the official deadline.

31 minutes ago, JacobW83 said:

I was under the impression that April 15th is the decision date and programs are not allowed to push you for a decision until that date. I'd be a little miffed if a program said I had to decide 2 weeks before the official deadline.

I think it depends on the program and that 4/15 is for clinical and possibly counseling too? 

1 hour ago, JacobW83 said:

Technically the deadline is for phd admission offers with financial aid. PsyD, masters and phd without financial aid can pressure students to make a decision before 4/15