I'm flying out from New York on Thursday morning, and need to be back in the city for the NYU interview by Sunday evening... so I, too, am very nervous. Are flights going to be straight-up canceled, do you think, or just delayed?

From what it looks like, you should be safe on Thursday morning to fly out. It looks like the snow is going to come a little later in the afternoon. However, like it has been said, it's going to be crazy weather, so be prepared if your flight is canceled. Sunday evening, the weather should be nice enough to fly back to the city for your interview. Best of luck!!

I'm flying out of Philadelphia. Not as worried about landing in Raleigh-Durham as I am about being able to take off at all from Philadelphia. I just called US Airways though, and the operator told me that Philadelphia is not on their list of cities in the weather bulletin that's been put out. This doesn't mean there won't be delays (it's _raining_ right now and already there are delays) but it might help to call your airline and check ...

I think I might also call their travel agent tomorrow morning to ask for advice

From what it looks like, you should be safe on Thursday morning to fly out. It looks like the snow is going to come a little later in the afternoon. However, like it has been said, it's going to be crazy weather, so be prepared if your flight is canceled. Sunday evening, the weather should be nice enough to fly back to the city for your interview. Best of luck!!

Thanks for the reassurance! Fingers definitely crossed. It's a shame you can't come to the recruitment weekend—do you think you'll be able to make it out in March?—but feel free to grill me for any information. If I remember correctly, we're both in Victorian studies, so hopefully my impressions will be of some use to you.

Thanks for the reassurance! Fingers definitely crossed. It's a shame you can't come to the recruitment weekend—do you think you'll be able to make it out in March?—but feel free to grill me for any information. If I remember correctly, we're both in Victorian studies, so hopefully my impressions will be of some use to you.

I'm definitely hoping to do a weekend trip to see the campus some time in March. And yeah, Victorian studies here, although I was really excited to work with any of the nineteenth-century professors. Kathy Psomiades, Nancy Armstrong, Rob Mitchell, and Thomas Pfau in particular. I'd also love to have a class with Toril Moi. So yeah, I may have to grill you next week ;). And good luck!

I'm definitely hoping to do a weekend trip to see the campus some time in March. And yeah, Victorian studies here, although I was really excited to work with any of the nineteenth-century professors. Kathy Psomiades, Nancy Armstrong, Rob Mitchell, and Thomas Pfau in particular. I'd also love to have a class with Toril Moi. So yeah, I may have to grill you next week ;). And good luck!

I'm tentatively a Renaissance person, but I too would love to hear some general impressions of the department, the university, Durham, etc, if those of you who visited this weekend don't mind sending word my way. And I'll second the enthusiasm for Toril Moi!