Social Work/Journalism

Adelaide9216

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if you had any advice for me. I do not have a formal training in journalism. However, I would like to publish stuff online, in my mothertongue (that is not English) related to social policy, social work, social justice, etc. I've done it in the past but on a volunteer basis...

What's the best way to be hired by a journal or a blogging platform for a paid opportunity?

Thank you

• 1 month later...

I'd start a blog of your own if you do not already have writing samples. That is the quickest way to build a small portfolio before reaching out to editors. You can find submission guidelines on most websites, so I suggest checking there. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2017 at 3:21 AM, Adelaide9216 said:

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if you had any advice for me. I do not have a formal training in journalism. However, I would like to publish stuff online, in my mothertongue (that is not English) related to social policy, social work, social justice, etc. I've done it in the past but on a volunteer basis...

What's the best way to be hired by a journal or a blogging platform for a paid opportunity?

Thank you

Hey! Where do you plan to publish it? Like your site or blog? As they I understood you have already followers who are reading your posts. Am I right?

Well, if we speak about hiring I think first what is necessary to do is personal branding.