Reapplying... advice?

waterrevolution

Hi! 

I got rejected from Columbia TC this year. Thinking of reapplying next year. Should I e-mail the ad coms and ask them for feedback? Have any of you had success getting in after reapplying to Columbia TC? 

Anything would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by waterrevolution

3 hours ago, waterrevolution said:

Hi! 

I got rejected from Columbia TC this year. Thinking of reapplying next year. Should I e-mail the ad coms and ask them for feedback? Have any of you had success getting in after reapplying to Columbia TC? 

Anything would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi, do you mind sharing your professional experiences, educational background etc.? We'll be better placed to help you out once we have some background knowledge. Also, did you apply for an M.A. or a PhD? 

Edited by Int_EdPolicy

10 hours ago, Int_EdPolicy said:

Hi, do you mind sharing your professional experiences, educational background etc.? We'll be better placed to help you out once we have some background knowledge. Also, did you apply for an M.A. or a PhD? 

Sure, but I'd prefer to PM you, if that's OK.

I applied for an Ed.M.

Yes, I would definitely ask them what you can do to improve your application. Everyone's application has different weaknesses, so there are different ways that we can strengthen our applications. Keep in contact with your potential adviser in the mean time.